Monday, January 12, 2015

Intermediate English Lesson 31: Haven’t we met before? learn how to ask questions about people work and job



Intermediate English Lesson 31: Haven’t we met before?


 In this lesson you will learn how to ask questions about people work and job, you will also learn how to talk about your knowledge and experience or activities.



Speaking Practice


1-Haven't we met before: This sentence is used to ask someone whether you saw him before in another place, usually when you believe that this person you met him or her before and wants to confirm it.

2- yes, probably at the mall: This sentence is used to confirm with a positive answer that you have seen that person before and you also confirm the meeting place too.

3- No, I don’t think so: This sentence is used to confirm with a negative answer that you have not met before this time.

4- I must go I am afraid: This sentence is used to end a conversation by letting the person know that you have to leave.

5- I used to work for Johnson brothers: This sentence is used to express you previous work experience.

6- I am learning French: This sentence is used to indicate that you are currently learning or taking courses in a certain subject.

7- I’ve been a secretary for four years: This sentence is used to express your work experience and to confirm that you are still in this job or position that you are describing till now.

8- I think we have met before our children are in the same school: This sentence is also used to confirm that you have met the person you are speaking to before and using details to remind him or her with that.

9- What can I do for you? : This sentence is used to ask a person what does he or she needs from you or how can you help them.

10- Where are you working now? : This sentence is used to ask someone about his or her current job not previous experience.

11- Do you speak French? : This sentence is used to ask about someone knowledge about a certain language, usually used in interviews for jobs.




 Check the Full Lessons with Audio Files Here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment