Easy English 09 – I’ve Got a New Shirt
In this lesson you will learn the meaning of “have got” and “has got”, we use “have got” with plural pronouns such as “they”, “you”, and “I” to express the owning of something which is just owned recently not for so long. We use “has got” the same way as “have got” but only with singular pronouns such as “he”, “she” and “it”.
1- I’ve “have” got a new shirt: This sentence is used to express that you recently bought a new shirt.
2- He’s “has” got a new job: This sentence is used to express that he has just got hired and has a new job.
3- Have you got a pen? : This sentence is used to ask if someone has a pen.
4- I haven’t “not” got a pen: This sentence is used to answer if someone asks you “have you got a pen” and you don’t have one.
5- There are some glasses over there: This sentence is used to say that there are glasses but not near they are far away.
6- I’ve “have” got a good idea: This sentence is used to express that you just thought of something and it’s a good idea.
7- I got a new camera: This sentence is to show that you can use “have got” and “has got” or use only “got” without “has” and “have” to express that you own something and you just got it recently.
8- I’ve “have” got as much money as he has: This sentence is used to compare something you own with someone else and in this case you express that you own as much money as someone else.
9- I’ve “have” got a bad case of jet lag: This sentence is used to express the state and the feeling you have now and you just got it recently in this case it’s a bad feeling of “jet lag”. Jet lag means the feeling of tiredness which people experience after making a long journey in an aircraft.
10- We haven’t got any for this evening: This sentence is used when you are asked about something and you don’t have any of it for the same day or evening such as “tickets”.

No comments:
Post a Comment