Saturday, December 20, 2014

Easy English 11: Can I speak to Mr. Brown? Ask for Information.



Easy English Lesson 11 – Can I have your name, please?

In this lesson you will learn how to ask for information politely using “can I” to start the question, and also how to answer such questions politely.

English Speaking Practice


1- Can I have your name, please? : This sentence is used to politely ask about someone’s name.

2- Can I help you? : This sentence is not used to ask for information but to offer something to offer help also in a polite way.

3- Can I help? : This sentence is also used to generally offer help.

4- Can you help me? : This sentence is used to ask someone politely to help you.

5- Can I speak to the person in charge? : This sentence is used to ask someone to speak to the person in charge.

6- I will speak to you tomorrow: This sentence is used to tell someone that you will speak to him or her tomorrow instead of today in a polite way.

7- Can I speak to the head nurse? : This sentence is used to ask to speak to someone in charge or a leader and in this case this person is the head nurse.

8- What can I do for you? : This sentence is used to ask if there is anything you can do for someone, which is a polite way to offer help and usually used by an employee towards a customer.

9- I’m afraid you can’t see him now: This sentence is used when someone asks to see a certain person and that person is no available or busy, you use this sentence in this case to tell that it’s not possible to see that person now but in a polite way.

Tip from bbclearningenglishPronunciation: Long Vowels







No comments:

Post a Comment