Saturday, December 27, 2014

Easy English 13: Ask Questions about Smoking


Easy English Lesson 13 – No smoking.

In this lesson you will learn how to ask and answer someone about smoking politely; you will learn to ask whether or not the person smokes, and how to ask someone to stop smoking around you also in a polite way.


Speaking Practice


Here is a list of sentences one can use to ask about smoking politely:

1- Do you smoke? : This sentence is used to ask someone if he or she smokes or not.

2- Execuse me, you can’t smoke here: This sentence is used to ask someone politely and not sound like an order not to smoke.

3- Do you understand? : This sentence is used to confirm a person’s understanding of what you say.
4- I understand.

5- I think I understand.

6- I don’t understand German: This sentence Is used when someone speaks to you in German and you want to let him or her know that you don’t understand this language.

7- I’m afraid not: This sentence is used to refuse a request politely.

8- May I put it here: This sentence is used generally to talk about any object and where to put it such as a cup, a book or anything else but in this sentence it refers to cigarettes.

9- Don’t put it on my desk.

10- You can put it anywhere: This sentence is used when you are being courteous and allow the person to put the object he or she has anywhere they want.

Lesson Tip Pronunciation: Long Vowels




Check Full Lessons & Listen To Audio Instruction .

No comments:

Post a Comment