Sunday, January 11, 2015

Easy English Lesson 28: I enjoy it, learn how to talk about different activities and sports


Easy English Lesson 28: I enjoy it


 In this lesson you will learn how to talk about different activities and sports that you like and dislike. You will also learn how to describe your feeling about a certain action or activity as well as 
expressing your opinion about various things.


Speaking Practice


1- What sports do you play? : This sentence is used to ask someone about sports they like playing.
2- I play golf: This sentence is used to tell someone about the sport you play.
3- Who do you play golf with? : This sentence is used to ask a person who he or she share and play their favorite sport with.
4- I usually play golf with my sister: This sentence is used to give information when someone asks you for it, and in this example it is about who you play a certain sport with.
5- What sports do you like? : This sentence is used to ask someone about sports he or she likes.
6- I like tennis: This sentence is used to express the sport that you like. Note that after "like" you say the object which is the thing you like "tennis" in this example.
7- I enjoy playing tennis: This sentence is used to express the sport you enjoy playing. Note that after "enjoy" you should add "ing" to the verb which represents the action you enjoy doing.
8- I don't like sports very much: This sentence is used to confirm that you hate or don't like something.
9- When do you play tennis? : This sentence is used to ask someone about the time or day during which they play a certain sport.
10- In the spring and summer: This sentence is used to express the exact time of the year you do a certain action during.
11- Do you like basketball? : This sentence is used to ask someone specifically about a certain sport whether they like it or not.
12- It's OK, but it's not my favorite: This sentence is used to express your opinion about a sport or a game.
13- What's your favorite sport? : This sentence is used to ask someone about his or her favorite sport that they like to watch or play.
14- I guess my favorite sport is volleyball.
15- I think volleyball is a little boring: This sentence is used to express your opinion about a certain sport that you think is not amusing and a little boring.
16- I love golf, it's an exciting sport: This sentence is also used to express your opinion about a certain sport positively.
17- How often do you play? : This sentence is used to ask for the number of times and how frequent does a person play a certain game.
18- Not very often, about two or three times a year: This sentence is used to express the amount of times you play a certain sport or does a certain action.
19- Did you enjoy the game? : This sentence is used to ask about someone's opinion about a certain game.

20- I enjoyed last week's game: This sentence is used to express your opinion about a game you enjoyed. Note that "'s" after the word "week" is a possessive letter to refer to the specific game of that specific week.



No comments:

Post a Comment