Easy English Lesson 19 – What do you need?
In this lesson you
will learn how to ask questions in everyday situations related to wanting or
needing. You will also learn how to talk about what you want or need and how to
specify your
requests.
Speaking Practice
Repeat the following sentences as many times as you can 
1- What do you need? : This sentence is used to ask a person
what he or she needs. This is usually used with customers when they visit your
shop, or friends when they visit your house and you wish to know what they need
in order to bring it to them.
2- I need my glasses: This sentence is used to confirm a
certain thing you need, and note that the word "glasses" doesn't
refer to sun glasses it refers to spectacles and sun glasses is usually
referred to as "shades".
3- I don't need a holiday: This sentence is used to confirm
the negative statement which refers to not needing.
4- What would you like? : This sentence is used to ask
someone what he or she likes or prefer, and it is usually used when you offer
someone food or drink.
5- I'd like chicken.
6- Do you want a small one? : This sentence is used to ask
for extra details to confirm what exactly the person needs.
7- Do you need an umbrella?.
8- I don't need it: This sentence is used to confirm a
negative statement which refers to not needing of something that was offered to
you. Such as "an umbrella "in the previous example.
9- I've got a raincoat: This sentence is used to refer to
something you have which is "a rain coat" in this example which is
used to protect a person from rain.
10- Do I need a ticket? : This sentence is used to ask for
information to confirm something and here in this example it is used to confirm
whether the person need a ticket or not.
11- You need another stamp for this letter: This sentence is
used to give information to a person about what exactly he or she need.
12- I want a map of London, please? : This sentence is used
to ask politely for something which is "a map" in this example.
13- May I have two hundred pounds ? : This sentence is
another polite way of asking for something or for extra information.
14- Certainly: This sentence is used to confirm it equals
"sure".
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment