Intermediate English Lesson 34: How can I get there?
In this lesson you will learn how to
ask for directions and the way to get to a certain destination by different
means of transportation.
1- I
want to go to London, how can I get there? : This sentence is used to tell a
person the place you want to go and ask him or her for directions to help you
get there.6- The next bus is at five past nine (9:05): This sentence is used to give the exact time of a bus arriving.
10- How long do I have to wait? : This sentence is used to ask about the period you will have to wait for a certain thing.
11- Not very long: This sentence is used to tell someone that it will not take very long to wait.
12- It should be here in about ten (10) minutes: This sentence is used to give an estimated time for a certain mean of transportation to arrive like a bus or a train.
13- I will take a taxi to get there: This sentence is used to tell someone the mean of transportation you are going to use to get to a certain place.
14- Is it a long journey by train? : This sentence is used to ask if it take too long to arrive in case you travelled by train.
Extra Practice (Conversation): Are you from Japan?
Practice a conversation about people origins.
| Dan: are you from California, Kate?Kate: well my family is in California now, but we are from Japan.Dan: oh, my father is Japanese.Kate: So your first language is Japanese?Dan: yes, it is. |
Lesson Tip: Countries
Learn the names of countries and its nationalities and languages,
|

No comments:
Post a Comment